5 Fully-funded PhD Positions
We are very happy to announce an exciting new research and training program for PhD students:
Human-centered Artificial Intelligence (HCAI)
5 PhD positions at the FH Upper Austria, Campus Hagenberg or Johannes Kepler University Linz with the following research topics are available:
- PhD 1: Overcoming the Dichotomy of Deep Learning vs. Symbolic AI
- PhD 2: Mitigating Multifaceted Biases in Recommender Systems
- PhD 3: Explaining Visual Patterns in Embedding Spaces
- PhD 4: Human-AI Collaboration
- PhD 5: Integration of Human Expertise and a-priori Knowledge in White-box Machine Learning
For further i...Read On ...
Call for Papers: EvoSoft Workshop and Symbolic Regression Workshop at GECCO 2022
At this year’s GECCO taking place from July 09th - 13th, 2022 in Boston (hybrid event) two workshops will be hosted by HEAL members.Read On ...
COMET-Project „TransMet1” started
HEAL is part of the COMET IC-MPPE project “TransMet1”, which is dedicated to the transformation in metallurgy to recycled steel. The objective is to provide fundamentals and tools for the production of high-quality recycled and CO2-reduced strip steels.
Based on two use cases, a demonstrator of a material and process design and optimization software based on hybrid modeling techniques for offline use in steel sheet production will be established. Hybrid modelling combines physics-based models with machine learning models. The main strategy is to use a combination of physical and data-driven mo...Read On ...